Monday, March 14, 2011

Threat Level Midnight

So my birthday is next Saturday and I wanted to brew something fun. I've had plans for a Belgian inspired Imperial Russian Stout. I want to do something inspired by Jolly Pumpkin's Madrugada Obscura. So what I'm planning on doing is brewing a normal IRS that I made once before, ferment it with Belgian Ardennes and then after primary fermentation is complete throw in some Roeselare Blend for some souring. I plan to let it bulk age and mature for 6 months before bottling.

Here's the rundown.

Threat Level Midnight
Belgian Imperial Stout

O.G. 1.089
F.G. 1.015
Anticipated ABV: 9.9%
IBUs: 53

14lbs. Continental Pils
8oz. Roasted Barley
8oz. Chocolate Malt
8oz. Crystal Malt 60L
4oz. Crystal Malt 20L
4oz. Special B 180L

1oz. Target 8%AA - First Wort Hop
2oz. Brewers Gold 8%AA - 60 Min.

Wyeast Belgian Ardennes - 3522 - The biggest starter EVAR!
Wyeast Roeselare Blend - Secondary


No comments:

Post a Comment